Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time approx. 5 working days
- Order number: 80029612
Scott Fly Rod Company introduces the all new Sector series of high performance, hand crafted saltwater fly rods.
Sector rods advance on Scott’s award-winning Meridian series to bring you a new level of performance and reliability in saltwater fly rods. Scott combined all the proven technologies in Meridian rods with new tapers, new components and their all new Carbon Web technology. Scott Carbon Web increases torsional stability and durability by encasing unidirectional fibers in a web of ultra-light multi-directional carbon fiber. These fibers help counteract torsional forces giving you better tracking and positive long ling pickups for redirecting casts. They also help to reduce the propagation of micro fractures from stress and impact that can easily run in unidirectional layups and lead to failure. Sector rods are fit with newly designed components that defy harsh saltwater environments:
- They feature all new Ceracoil stripping guides with nickel titanium frames and highly polished Zirconia inserts along with Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance. The guide sets are PVD coated in a low reflective coating for even greater durability and stealth.
- The reel seat is milled from aircraft grade aluminum, featuring self-indexing slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification in boat racks.
- Flor grade cork grips are turned to Scott’s modified wells shape in a saltwater appropriate length and diameter, and the new fighting butts feature a thick softer rubber for greater comfort in tough fights.
- The ocean side tarpon slayer. If you’re targeting tarpon in crystal clear shallow water with long leaders and small flies, this is the tool to deliver the goods. With plenty of power to beat powerful fish, but enough touch to lay the line down gently.
- This is also the rooster, albie, jack and striper rod of choice. Planning a heaving day off Montauk, some quality beach time in Baja, a few days West of Key West, or a trip off of Jupiter? Be sure to have this rod in hand.